10.21.2010

Speed Bump


A bump in the road-3 weeks ago:
My entire kiln load was ruined. I think my glaze was too thick. This REALLY threw me. I mean it really threw me- I haven't stepped foot in my studio for 3 weeks! The picture above was taken next to the Maritime Hotel on 9th. Looking up and seeing the sign in front of the building struck a chord.

I took some time, worked on the Craven house (before and after pics coming soon!), and I'm back.

I was in a slump, and not quite ready to be back- but these picked my butt up!:
1- a visit from my sister in law. I really love a houseguest.
2- a few sales through Etsy!
3- these from Nest. A tiny little bit of twisted craftsmanship for an extra lift. Some people think they are creepy, I love them.

4- thumbing through the recently published pics of Marilyn Monroe's visit to Banff in the Canadian Rockies. The pictures are full of bears, which I think is great.


Back to the task at hand... studio here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...